Employee engagement from the employee’s perspective.
Here are 22 reasons why we as employees benefit from our own high caliber engagement:
- Our life and work will be richer and more fulfilling when we are engaged in our work.
- We will leave work each day with a stronger sense of satisfaction.
- Our engagement will achieve results that matters to us, our organization, and our clients.
- High levels of engagement is the fast train to career development.
- Our engagement will rub off on customers and clients and we will find that customers and clients are easier to work with.
- If we are parents, our engagement at work will offer a positive and constructive role model of work for our children.
- We prevent ourselves from becoming disengaged victims — seeing the company as the enemy, leaders as villains, and being unhappy with our lot in life.
- Engagement contributes to our authentic happiness at work.
- We engage differently in various tasks and projects and our maximum engagement will indicate the best type of work for us to do.
- We will learn our working strengths by finding those things that are easiest for us to engage with.
- Our work will be a robust expression of our service for others.
- We contribute to the economic value of the organization – the organization must remain viable for us to be valuable.
- Work is love made visible, when we engage fully in our work we express our passion and become more visible to all.
- Engagement is an authentic pathway to personal branding.
- Robust engagement more than fulfills our half of the employment contract.
- Our engagement will contribute to other employee’s engagement.
- We will have more fun at work when we are engaged.
- We tend to also be more engaged in things outside of work when we are fully engaged with work.
- We can carry on our engaged approach to work into retirement and not find a drop in satisfaction when we retire.
- Engagement makes us active agents in our own work.
- When we are fully engaged we are less likely to be afraid to challenge others and the organization to be their best.
- We can’t be bored if we are engaged and time will fly at work.
What are additional benefits you see for employees to engage fully in their work?
David Zinger, M.Ed., is a leading expert on employee engagement. He is committed to creating authentic and sustained employee engagement for the benefit of all. Contact David at (204) 254-2130 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo Credit: eye on Flickr by http://www.flickr.com/photos/helgabj/1074000287/