Every so often we see the headlines.
- Canadian workers are not engaged.
- Low levels of engagement.
- What happened to commitment in the workplace?
- A new generation of slackers.
Here is the temperature at 9:00 AM CST Wednesday 30 January 2008
- Condition: Sunny Temperature: -31.1°C Wind Chill: -45°C or -49 Fahrenheit
Here is Environment Canada’s Windchill Guidelines for -40 to -47
- High risk: exposed skin can freeze in 5 to 10 minutes
- Check face and extremities (fingers, toes, ears and nose) for numbness or whiteness (frostbite)
- Risk of hypothermia if outside for long periods without adequate protection
If you are an employee in Winnipeg who went to work today you are ENGAGED.
By the way, as far as I can tell, everyone showed up.