Watch this interactive 30 minute video of three leaders at the Techonomy Conference — Vineet Nayar, Jeff Weiner, and Rajeev Singh-Molares on managing the unmanageable.
Here are a few snippets to get managing:
- Enthuse, engage, enable, encourage the value created by employees.
- Make your managers accountable to employees.
- Be dissatisfied with where you are today….create desire or vision to move on with employees – the romance of tomorrow…
- Entrench executive management transparency
- Ensure employees are a part not apart from the company.
- Shareholder value is not the prime motivator for an employee.
- Managers need to learn to be social media and technological savvy
- Collaboration and communities of interest are crumbling organizational hierarchy
- Employees are not an HR problem
I was left impressed with Vineet Nayar and his caring and pragmatic approach fused with his ability to run such a successful company. Vineet Nayar is the CEO of HCL Technologies Ltd., India’s leading global IT Services Company. Fortune called his leadership style “The World’s Most Modern Management,” and the London Business School labeled him “the leader of organizational innovation.” IDC recognized him as having “the most cohesive and articulate vision” in the IT services sector.
Learn from these leaders as you manage to lead and infuse leadership in managing.
If the video failed to load in this window, click here.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
David Zinger, M.Ed., works with organizations and individuals to foster engagement. He is a writer, educator, speaker, and consultant who founded the 2930 member Employee Engagement Network. David’s book, Zengage: How to Get More Into Your Work to Get More Out of Your Work will be released this September. David’s website offers 1100 free posts/articles on the engagement. David is committed to fostering a movement to increase employee engagement 20% by 2020.
Connect with David Zinger today to improve engagement where you work.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – Phone 204 254 2130 – Website: www.davidzinger.com