One form employee engagement can take, especially during these uncertain economic times, is career engagement.
I had the opportunity to write the following top career management tips in Bonnie Lowe’s e-book – Best Career Strategies of 2009.
The single most important career strategy of 2009 in my mind is non-strategy or improvisation.
Here are My 10 Non-Strategic Zingers:
- To embrace the spirit of improvisation.
- To realize you are never alone, we need others to improvise both a life and a career.
- To build on what you have and what you receive and give it freely to others.
- To focus your work on making others look good.
- To always put life before work as in life/work balance as opposed to work/life balance.
- To engage fully in, and enjoy, your career time.
- To leverage your mental, emotional, physical, spiritual and organizational energy for career development.
- To go beyond one to two to three to four…to a full authentic network embracing mutual respect and mutual purpose.
- To know your strengths and ensure others know your strengths…be your brand and don’t be afraid to be brand new.
- To keep asking yourself: what comes next? (and if you don’t like the answer start improvising an alternative career path).
Click on the button below to get your own copy of Bonnie’s book with contribution from 28 different authors.