Design your thinking to think like an employee engagement designer.
Garr Reynold’s Zen Magic. Garr Reynolds shares 10 tips about things that designers do or know that the rest of us can benefit from. Here are the 10 tips plus a link to his slide presentation. After reading and viewing the tips I encourage you to read the longer article at this blog.
Apply it to employee engagement. Most importantly in our context, think about how you can apply these concepts to employee engagement.
- Embrace constraints
- Practice restraint
- Adopt the beginner’s mind
- Check your ego at the door
- Focus on the experience of the design
- Become a master storyteller
- Think communication not decoration
- Obsess about ideas not tools
- Clarity your intention
- Sharpen your vision and curiosity and learn form the lessons around you
- (Bonus) Learn the rules and know when to break them.