Are you able to pause or come to a complete stop?
Employee engagement never stops. People work everyday and the work on employee engagement never ceases.
We are flooded with:
- Facebook entries,
- Google+ entries,
- LinkedIn updates,
- Employee Engagement Network contributions,
- White papers,
- Blog posts,
- News releases,
- One thousand other streams of information.
And yes, I am well aware that I am a big contributor to this glut of information.
T. S. Eliot once wrote: Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge? Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?
Here are three questions I am pondering as I slow down (can’t seem to come to a complete stop) during the summer:
- How much more information do we need?
- What knowledge are we gathering from this information?
- Are we finding employee engagement wisdom?