Engage 5 is a weekly feature of Employee Engagement Zingers. Engage-5 asks leading thinkers, writers, consultants, practitioners, and others involved in employee engagement to complete 5 sentences.
Read Gurprriet Siingh’s 5 sentences on engagement:
- I define employee engagement as a a leadership and organizational value/principle which is driven by a desire to create a workplace that is respectful of the unique desires of each individual employee, balanced with the ability to channelize this uniqueness into a collective whole.
- Our biggest challenge in employee engagement is authenticity – working on employee engagement because we care about the employees. Any business impact is an outcome of engaged employees.
- A powerful way to create greater employee engagement is to ensure high levels of empowerment and create meaningful roles.
- I am personally most engaged at work when I am am challenged, and given a chance to shape my role.
- To learn more about employee engagement I encourage people to be aware of their own aspirations and desires, and then realize that their employees feel the same.
To learn more about Gurprriet Siingh click here.