Each week another engagement thought leader completes 5 employee engagement sentences. Read Rosa Say’s Engage 5 responses:
- I define employee engagement as when work is fully intentional, it feels useful and meaningful, and it delivers self-worth along with tangible business results.
- Our biggest challenge in employee engagement is that management and leadership are still considered org chart roles versus self-motivational behaviors.
- A powerful way to create greater employee engagement is to teach the financial literacy that excites and energizes those with an entrepreneurial mindset, getting people to work “on” a business and not just swallowed up “in” it.
- I am personally most engaged with work when I’m learning, thus I must feel trusted and supported enough to play full out, “asking for forgiveness versus permission” if it gets to that point.
- To learn more about employee engagement, I encourage people to work on improving their teaming and partnership strategies, for though we learn most from others, we rarely engage in truly collaborative conversation.