Engage 5 is a weekly feature of Employee Engagement Zingers. Engage-5 asks leading thinkers, writers, consultants, and others involved in employee engagement to complete 5 sentences.
Read Samantha Grant’s 5 sentences on engagement:
- I define employee engagement as connectedness, inspiration, willingness to contribute to a big cause or the common good.
- Our biggest challenge in employee engagement is listening openly and without judgment..
- A powerful way to create greater employee engagement is foster creativity in individuals and teams, and stimulate a spirit of shared purpose and fun.
- I am personally most engaged at work when I connect with others and am working with them to achieve a common goal.
- To learn more about employee engagement read Primal Leadership (2002) by Goleman, Boyatzis and McKee.
To learn more from Samantha or more about Samantha click here.