Engage 5 is a weekly feature of Employee Engagement Zingers. Engage-5 asks leading thinkers, writers, consultants, and others involved in employee engagement to complete 5 sentences. Each person was asked to limit their sentence completion to just one sentence for each of the 5 leads.
Read Steve Roesler’s 5 sentences on engagement:
- I define employee engagement as the desire to behave in the best interest of the organization.
- A big challenge in employee engagement is ensuring that managers see their responsibility in creating engaging workplaces.
- A powerful way to create greater engagement is to find out what people need and help them get it.
- I am personally most engaged at work when I am able to use the widest range of my talents and interests.
- To learn more about engagement, I encourage people to examine the principles behind their own peak “engagement” experiences.
I encourage you to follow Steve Roesler’s fine writing on the workplace at All Things Workplace.