Engage 5 is a weekly feature of Employee Engagement Zingers. Engage-5 asks leading thinkers, writers, consultants, and others involved in employee engagement to complete 5 sentences.
Read Tim Wright’s 5 sentences on engagement:
- I define employee engagement as the individual’s investment of energy, skill, ability, eagerness and desire in the work performed.
- A big challenge in employee engagement is management’s failure to see their primary role/responsibility is providing communication, opportunities and resources that stimulate engagement.
- A powerful way to create greater engagement is to expect (require?) every manager to develop and implement a specific communication plan that stimulates employee engagement.
- I am personally most engaged at work when I am finding specific applications and implementations for creative ideas.
- To learn more about engagement, I encourage people to make it a common, frequent topic of conversation, formal and informal, at work.
To learn more about Tim Wright and to learn more from Tim Wright about employee engagement visit him at: http://culturetoengage.com