ENGAGE: What does this word mean to you? (140 characters or less).
I engaged briefly with Twitter this afternoon and asked the above question. It was a good way to get some quick perspective on a term that I use so often. Thanks to the group of 7 for responding so quickly.
- mmasarech Enthused and in gear (implies not just commitment or working hard… but focusing on things that matter)
- WordsthatMove Engaged – buy-in to the mission, culture and common good of the organisation as well as focus on individual responsibilities
- Mariment Ahh yes, “court” as in falling in love, not “court” as in divorce.
- snoopdougydoug purposeful, powerful, playful and profitable
- Mariment Good old fashioned “courting” may help the economy to recover. Court the customer, and $$ will follow.
- workhappynow “engage” to me means getting down into the trenches and enjoying every freak’n minute of the experience.
- Mariment ENGAGE: court the customer as though he/she is The One! –
- bradfair Engage… intentional and active involvement
My definition. ENGAGE, to me, means a powerful connection full of gumption, heart, mindfulness, external focus, and happiness.
Go ahead and let me know your definition of engage in under 140 characters by leaving a comment or posting a comment to me on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/davidzinger