Are you making little bets to enhance employee engagement?
I encourage you to watch this raw 45 minute presentation by Peter Sims on Little Bets. This was one of his first presentations on the topic and models making a little bet in presenting ideas. After watching the video I encourage you to apply the concepts to employee engagement by making a little bet on your approach to engagement.
Here are some of the key points from Peter Sims on Little Bets:
- Little bets are small achievable, affordable actions taken to discover and develop new ideas
- We don’t begin with the big idea we discover our innovations through numerous little bets or iterations
- You can’t put into excel how people will respond to a new idea
- When doing something new flip the switch from planning to determine what you could afford to lose and take action
- The process is where the genius resides
- Take a little bet to help discover what is going on
- We must be okay being imperfect and to fail
- Questions are the new answers
- HP make 100 small bets for 6% success…fail 94% of the time
- Develop the growth mindset (Carol Dweck)
If the video fails to load in this window click here.
David Zinger is actively making little bets on employee engagement to improve employee engagement for all. He is thinking big about employee engagement (20% increase in engagement around the globe by 2020) while creating actions with small bets.