Blessing White has done an exceptional job of reporting on the State of Engagement 2008.
Here are a few tidbits from the Blessing White State of Engagement 2008 – North America Report:
- Fewer than 1 in 3 employees is fully engaged.
- 19% are disengaged.
- 85% of engaged employees plan to stay with their employer and focus on their contributions.
- Opportunities to use talent and career development and training heighten work satisfaction.
- Only about half of employees trust their senior leadership while about 75% trust their manager.
- Bad managers are the third most common reason people leave their employer.
The comprehensive report also includes 10 tips to engage your team, including:
- Hire engage-able team members.
- Earn trust every day.
- Remember that feedback is a gift.
Click here to get a copy of this excellent report. There are also reports for Asia, Germany, etc.