James Bennett wrote a wonderful and frequently cited post on the highlights of the 5th annual Melcrum employee engagement conference. Here are a few of the nuggets from his insightful post.
- Amy Tull Atwood, head of leadership communications at National Grid: “Many people think engagement is a science. Wrong, it is an art where you can make a difference.”
- What do you want from engagement?A Michelin star restaurant or a McDonalds, consistent experience or conformity?
- The definition of the very bottom of employee engagement: Not finding a dead worker in the office until five days later.
- From now on create an environment where every employee can feel safe enough to bring their true selves to work everyday.
- Don’t let your CEO lose sight of communicating with your employees.
To read the full article, click here.