The top blog post for 2012 from David Zinger – Happy New Year and all the Best in 2013.
Here are 12 prescriptions for Employee Engagement in 2012
- Strive for everyday simple, small, and significant actions.
- Lighten up your perspective, workload, and intensity.
- Stop consuming information unless that information contributes to meaningful and important action.
- Transform the endless quest of more and more into vital focused contribution.
- Ask yourself if you really need any more data before you engage.
- Only measure employee engagement elements that you are ready, willing, and able to change.
- Set 3 to 6 daily focused power periods from 10 to 30 minutes to fully engage in specific tasks.
- Be mindful and masterful in helping others engage more fully in their work.
- Target achieving results and building relationships as your twin goals for engagement.
- Make progress a daily work expectation, essential and experience.
- Don’t let the allure and immediacy of social media fritter away time and energy for your important work.
- Engagement only comes alive as a verb so engage today!
Prescription: Repeat daily for the remainder of 2012.
David Zinger practiced most of these in 2012 and he will develop new prescriptions for early in 2013.
Extra Strength Prescription to help you lighten up: