by David Zinger
Leigh Branham with the cooperation of the Saratoga Institute wrote The 7 Hidden Reasons Employees Leave.
This book is based on research of over 19,000 employees. the book is almost 3 years old but I believe many of the reasons employees leave still seem to be “hidden” from many organizations and leaders.
I appreciated the 13 step engagement-to-departure process from start the job with enthusiasm to quit without a job, or stay and disengage.
Leigh has written a very informative and helpful book that is very important is your are involved in employee retention. Included in the book is 54 item checklist of employer-of-choice engagement practices.
I strong encourage you to purchase the book and learn more about these 7 reasons employees leave:
- The job or workplace was not as expected.
- There was a mismatch between job and person
- There was too little coaching and feedback
- There were too few growth and advancement opportunities.
- Employees feel devalued and unrecognized
- Employees are stressed from overwork and work-life imbalance.
- A loss of trust and confidence in senior leaders.
This book is a classic book in the library of anyone involved in employee engagement.