Unemployment make employee engagement impossible.
Here are some souring statistics from the UK taken from the BBC Website.
- UK unemployment total reaches 17-year high.
- UK unemployment rose by 114,000 between June and August to 2.57 million, a 17-year high, according to official figures.
- The Office for National Statistics (ONS) said the unemployment rate also increased to 8.1%.
- The jobless total for 16 to 24-year-olds hit a record high of 991,000 in the quarter, a jobless rate of 21.3%.
- The number of people out of work and claiming benefits rose 17,500 to 1.6 million in September.
- Other figures showed a record cut in the number of part-time workers, down by 175,000, and there was also a record reduction of 74,000 in the number of over-65s in employment.