Thanks to Bud Bilinach for his post on this topic.
The second strength in strength based leadership is love and caring.
Bud wrote about Debra Benton’s 7 courtship traits that we can apply in our personal life and that cross the boundary into love and leadership:
1. Assume acceptance as a human regardless of rank or role. Never put yourself below your partner or your boss.
2. Ask questions. Know what people need and want.
3. Use humor. No one will fault you for lightening the mood.
4. Touch. Figuratively and literally pat people on the back.
5. Initiate. Don’t wait to be asked or prodded.
6. Slow down, shut up, and listen. When you play hard to get they want you more.
7. Look good. Stand up straight and smile.
You can visit Debra’s website here.