Watch this employee engagement extra. The topic is not specific to employee engagement yet I believe this video can both inspire and enlighten you. I thought this was a very well crafted talk on passion. Think about how what she discusses could be brought to the lens of employee engagement in the workplace.
I encourage you to watch this powerful 18:02 talk by Isabel Allende, a storyteller, on: Tales of Passion. This is a TED talk full of humor, passion, humanity, and desire. Isabel Allende addresses the topic of passion with humour, horror, and political acumen.
Here are a few points from the video:
- Isabel talks with humour and perspective on her experience as a nonathletic Olympic flag bearer at Turin.
- heart is what drives us and determines our fate
- ask questions, bend rules, take risks,
- nice people with common sense do not make interesting characters
- we need the power of feminine energy from both women and men
- work passionately in creating an almost perfect world.