Engage 5 is a weekly feature of Employee Engagement Zingers. Engage-5 asks leading thinkers, writers, consultants, practitioners, and others involved in employee engagement to complete 5 sentences.
Read Annette Butler 5 sentences on engagement:
- I define employee engagement as a heightened connection between employees and their work, their organization, or the people they work for or with.
- Our biggest challenge in employee engagement is not treating this as a ‘trend’ but continue this method of communication as part of performance management with the attention it deserves.
- A powerful way to create greater employee engagement is to establish a clear line of sight from the employee to the larger work unit.
- I am personally most engaged at work when I know how my specific tasks/responsibilities fit into the organization’s goals and mission – “the big picture.”
- To learn more about employee engagement Read MSPB’s report “The Power of Federal Employee Engagement” found on the “Studies” page of www.mspb.gov
To learn more about Annette’s work, click here.