Engage 5 is a weekly feature of Employee Engagement Zingers. Engage-5 asks leading thinkers, writers, consultants, and others involved in employee engagement to complete 5 sentences.
Read Deri Latimer’s 5 sentences on engagement:
- I define employee engagement as enthusiastic connection.
- Our biggest challenge in employee engagement is taking time to build better, more connected relationships – which leads to better, more connected productivity.
- A powerful way to create greater employee engagement is to build in time for more purposeful connection – between managers and staff and amongst staff (morning meeting, water cooler chat, MBWA – Management By Walking Around)
- I am personally most engaged at work when I have time to get my work done, while having fun!
- As I learn more about employee engagement, I encourage people to pause regularly, smile often, share enthusiastically, appreciate whole-heartedly, contribute meaningfully.
Click here to learn more about Deri Latimer.