Engage 5 is a weekly feature of Employee Engagement Zingers. Engage-5 asks leading thinkers, writers, consultants, and others involved in employee engagement to complete 5 sentences.
Read Peter Hart’s 5 sentences on engagement:
- I define employee engagement as employees who enjoy what they do and go above and beyond everyday because they enjoy it.
- Our biggest challenge in employee engagement is to get our managers to engage their employees everyday.
- A powerful way to create greater employee engagement is to know your employee’s names and their stories and speak to them everyday.
- I am personally most engaged at work when I engage my employees one on one.
- To learn more about employee engagement, I encourage people to read Rodd Wagner and James Harter’s book 12: The Elements of Great Managing.