Engage 5 is a weekly feature of Employee Engagement Zingers. Engage-5 asks leading thinkers, writers, consultants, and others involved in employee engagement to complete 5 sentences.
Read Peter Leather’s 5 sentences on engagement:
- I define employee engagement as feeling personally aligned to the goals of your organisation and what you need to do to make it a success.
- Our biggest challenge in employee engagement is helping leaders see the value and not just seeing it a the latest fad or buzz word.
- A powerful way to create greater employee engagement is to create and share interesting personal stories.
- I am personally most engaged at work when I do things I enjoy doing and that I see add value.
- To learn more about employee engagement read Flow: Psychology of Happiness by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi.
To learn more from Peter or more about Peter click here.