In mid December the New York Times had a short article entitled: You Won’t Find Me In My Office, I’m Working. It discussed where work gets done and it is often not the office, it is the “white space.”
The white space is where we do our best thinking or strongest connecting with others. For some people it is a coffee shop while for others it is a library or even a church.
Answer the following 5 questions to determine what engages you most in work and how you use space and place to engage employees:
- Do you have freedom in your work to move from place to space?
- What work do you do best in a place?
- What work do you do best in a space?
- Where is your personal best white space?
- Do you create the space for full employee engagement or are employees enslaved to a specific place that becomes confining?
Photo Credit: An empty space by http://flickr.com/photos/riggott/8108443/